Victorious Woman Project™
6th Annual Victorious Woman Contest
“Share Your Victory”
2013 Official Rules and
1. CONTEST DATES
- Contest opens on March 25, 2013 and closes on May 3, 2013 (Contest Period)
- Deadline for Contest Entries submissions is May 3, 2013
- Public Voting Period is May 4 to May 15, 2013
- Judging Panel Period is May 16 to May 30
- Winners will be notified on May 30, 2013
- Winners names will be posted on Contest Website on May 31, 2013
- NO LATE SUBMISSIONS will be accepted.
2 – CONTESTANT ELIGIBILITY
This Victorious Woman Contest is open to all adult women (18 years and older). Family and friends of Annmarie Kelly are not eligible. No Purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this contest.
3 – HOW TO PREPARE YOUR ENTRY
- Style: We’re accepting personal stories only – no outline, articles, etc. will be considered
- Send straight text only - no graphics, music, etc.
- Language: All Contest Entries must be submitted in English
- Word Count: Maximum-750 words; Minimum-250 words; Title not part of word count.
- Entries that are not within specified word count will be disqualified.
- We use MS Word’s word count to determine the submitted entry’s word count.
- Contest Entry Content: see “What to Write About in Your Story” below.
- Editing: Edit your entry to be sure there are no typos, gaps in logic, or other errors in your manuscript. Any of those can affect the voter’s decision. Note: A simple spell check is often not enough to catch typos, etc.
- Unpublished requirement: Your Contest entry must be UNPUBLISHED at the time of submission. Unpublished is defined as not having been commercially printed and circulated to more than fifty persons.
- ONE (1) ENTRY PER ENTRANT – Only first submitted entry will count
- Any entry that contains inappropriate language or content (profanity, hate speech, etc.) will be disqualified
4 – WHERE TO SEND YOUR CONTEST ENTRY
- Send to http://bit.ly/Z1JSwU
5 – WHAT TO WRITE ABOUT IN YOUR STORY
- Tell us how you became a Victorious Woman, specifically:
- What challenge did you face?
- What thought/behaviors did you use to stretch out of your comfort zone to overcome the obstacles?
- How did you do it?
- How was it a victory for you?
- How did your victory change your life?
- What’s one piece of advice you have for other women?
6 – WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SUBMIT A STORY
When you submit a Contest Story, the Judging Panel will review it. Any submissions that do not fully comply with the official 2013 Victorious Woman Official Contest Rules & Story Guidelines, as determined by the Panel at their sole discretion, will be disqualified & you will be notified by email.
7 – ONLINE PUBLIC VOTING
The Public Voting Period will be from May 4 – May 15.
8 – JUDGING
At the end of the Public Voting Period, The top ten eligible Contest STORY submissions, that is, those with the highest number of votes received during the Public Voting Period, will be reviewed by a panel of Sponsor-selected representatives (the “Judging Panel”) based on the following judging criteria:
- Fit with the spirit of the Victorious Woman theme/criteria
- Clarity of expression
- Overall Impression
In the event of a tie, tied Contest STORY Submissions will be reviewed again by the Judging Panel who will break the tie using the Judging Criteria. The decision of the Contest Judges is final.
Winners will be notified by phone and/or email on May 30. Winner names will be posted on the Contest Website on May 31.
10 – CONTEST AWARDS
1st Prize: You’ll win a Kindle AND you will be honored as a 2013 Victorious Woman of the Month with your article featured on the Victorious Woman website (www.victoriouswoman.com) AND you’ll receive a personally autographed copy of Victorious Woman! Shaping Life’s Challenges into Personal Victories
2nd Prize: You’ll win $50 VISA Gift Card AND you will be honored as a 2013 Victorious Woman of the Month with your article featured on the Victorious Woman website (www.victoriouswoman.com) AND you’ll receive a personally autographed copy of Victorious Woman! Shaping Life’s Challenges into Personal Victories
3rd Prize: You’ll win $25 VISA Gift Card AND you will be honored as a 2013 Victorious Woman of the Month with your article featured at www.victoriouswoman.com AND you will receive a personally autographed copy of Victorious Woman! Shaping Life’s Challenges into Personal Victories
Neither the Contest Entities (Sponsor, Judges, Judging Panel) nor any subsidiaries or affiliates of them nor any Internet access providers are responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry of information, human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failure of any telephone/computer/other network/computer equipment/software or any combination thereof, inability to access the Victorious Woman Contest Website, for problems emailing, mailing, uploading or downloading any Contest-related materials from either the Victorious Woman Contest Website or any other website, or for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incorrect or incomplete entry. Contest Entries will be acknowledged by email within 5 days of receipt. Any entry information collected from the Contest shall be used only in a manner consistent with the consent given at the time of entry, with these Official Rules.